The Magic Town of Capulalpam
A fantastic journey into the heart of rural Oaxaca, this tour starts with a visit to the birthplace of Mexico’s first indigenous Zapotec President, Don Benito Juarez, who eventually served in this office for five terms, and is famous for resisting the French occupation of Mexico, overthrowing the Second Mexican Empire, restoring the Republic, and using liberal measures to modernize the country.
End this wonderful cultural journey walking through the streets of the Magic Town of Capulalpam. Magic Towns are a select group of Mexican villages whose cultural, historical, or natural treasures have been deemed, well, magical. Interact with the local indigenous population, learn of their ancient culture and appreciate the beautiful tranquillity of mountain life.
Your The Magic Town of Capulalpam tour includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- Traveler insurance
- Entrance fees
- Tour duration: 9 hours
- Tour schedule: 9:00 AM daily
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Minimum group size: this tour requires a minimum of 2 persons
- Age restrictions: minimum age 4 years; children between 4-9 years pay children’s price
- This tour is not suitable for those who are severely physically challenged
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your The Magic Town of Capulalpam tour:
- Biodegradable sunscreen / repellent
- Tennis or hiking shoes
- Gray, navy blue or black clothes
- Bottled water
- Extra $$ for souvenirs, tips, etc.